Centre Closure – Effective March 16, 2020 following Health Advisory regarding COVID-19.
Covid-19 Update Notes
- The Administration Board that was duly elected in March 2020 will remain in their positions until we open again, whereupon a date will be set for an AGM including election of officers as per the Constitution.
- Planning continues for another Seniors Drive-Through Wellness Event on Thursday, December 10th from 1-2:30 p.m.. Prospective participants are asked to pre-register online or by calling Jan Evans at 905 775 3529. There is an information poster in the November Newsletter and signs are up on the main glass doors of the Danube Centre.
- There will be no Christmas Dinner or New Year’s Levee this year
- Membership reminder: HOLD ONTO YOUR PAID 2020 membership cards to exchange them for new 2021 cards at NO ADDITIONAL EXPENSE. Members whose 2020 fees were not paid prior to the lockdown will be required to pay the usual dues for 2021.
- In the absence of any significant income or expenses, the 2020 budget numbers will carry over for 2021.
About the BWG Seniors Association
The Danube Seniors Centre offers programs and activities to enhance the lives of older adults in the Bradford West Guillimbury area. We are a welcoming and respectful community, that encourages new and existing members to maintain a positive and supportive attitude to others.
While BWG Seniors Association is the official and newer name of our organization, we are also known as the Danube Seniors Leisure Centre due to the German founders of the Centre. Also, we are not to be confused with the Town’s major sports complex called the Bradford West Gwillimbury Leisure Centre which serves all ages of the public.
Complete”all-in-one” Calendar: – Click items for details